Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis and is characterized by causing cartilage degeneration and hence the name degenerative joint disease. After the cartilage breaks down and wears off, the joint bones start rubbing against each other. Over time, they lose their strength causing chronic pains. Dr. Matthew CiRullo of Family Medicine assures that although there is no cure for the condition, there is medication for making the pain bearable.
About Osteo Relief Institute
Osteo Relief Institute was founded in 2012 in New Jersey with the aim of helping patients suffering from osteoarthritis. The institute uses state of the art equipment to help their patients in relieving pain caused by arthritis. In addition to the equipment, they have highly qualified staff taking care of the patients.
Among the services offered at Osteo Relief Clinic include; screening, non-surgical treatment, guided knee injections, improving knee mobility, and inflammation and pain relief (HealthGrades). All these services are provided under the right plans to ensure you are comfortable.
In addition, Medicare covers the services offered any Osteo Relief Institute for all those patients who qualify for the plan. You are provided with the treatment procedure and all requirements during the risk-free screening.
According to Osteo Relief Institute, there are three management options for arthritis; daily routine habits such as proper diet, exercises, and medial options. They go concurrently for better results. Follow this routine for self-management.
- Perform gentle stretching exercises before bed to lessen stiffness in the morning.
- Avoid staying in a fixed position for long and instead stand and walk around after every one hour.
- Avoid overusing a joint as that can increase the pain.
- Maintain the right body weight as excess weight increases the risks of getting osteoarthritis
- Quit smoking as it damages connective tissues.
- Do everything that is in your comfort zone instead of overburdening yourself.